Understanding the workings of resin and care tips will help your pieces last longer. Elements like heat, sunlight, and water affect them differently. Please read the following to gain a little more insight on how to take care of your pieces.
- Store your jewelry, coasters, and other resin pieces out of direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause the resin to discolour and soften.
- According to ArtResin, "the maximum temperature that cured ArtResin can tolerate is 120F or 50C. At temperatures as high as that, the cured pieces may become a little flexible but once they cool off, they will harden up once again."
- The heat generated from hot mugs won't damage the resin surface on a coaster. But if your cured resin is exposed to temperatures over 120F or 50C, it could cause irreparable damage.
- Resin is water resistant but not waterproof. If you're wearing some of my earrings I suggest removing them whilst showering, washing up, swimming, etc.
- Cured ArtResin can be safely used as a food contact surface. This means that when cured, ArtResin will not leach any substances into food that comes into contact with it.
- For pieces like charcuterie boards, cleaning is quite simple. All you need to do is clean your pieces with mild soap and lukewarm water.